Exhibit application form（1/2）Exhibition Rules
Chapter I. General Rules
- Article 1. Name
- The English name of this exhibition event shall be "43rd HEATING, VENTILATING, AIR-CONDITIONING AND REFRIGERATING EXPO," and its abbreviated name shall be "HVAC&R JAPAN 2024" (hereinafter referred to as "HVAC&R Japan").
- Article 2. Organizer
- 1. HVAC&R JAPAN shall be hosted by the Japan Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Industry Association (hereinafter referred to as the "organizer").
- 2. The organizer shall have full authority and responsibility for hosting HVAC&R JAPAN.
- Article 3. Exhibitors
- 1. The exhibitors include organizations, corporations and groups that have applied for exhibition at HVAC&R JAPAN and been approved by the organizer.
- 2. The exhibitor shall follow the rules or instructions provided by the organizer regarding the exhibition and hosting of HVAC&R JAPAN.
- Article 4. Secretariat
- In order to hold HVAC&R JAPAN, the organizer shall establish a HVAC&R JAPAN Secretariat (hereinafter referred to as the "Secretariat") within the Japan Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Industry Association.
Chapter II. Exhibition Procedures, etc.
- Article 5. Application for Exhibition and Conclusion of the Agreement
- 1. Applicants shall fill in and submit to the organizer the Exhibition Application Form after agreeing to comply with these Exhibition Rules.
- 2. Applicants shall provide true, accurate, complete and up-to-date information to the organizer.
- 3. The exhibition agreement shall become effective upon receipt by the Secretariat of the Exhibition Application Form via FAX, email, the online exhibition application system or postal mail, and when the Secretariat sends an email confirming the exhibition.
- 4. Applications for exhibition shall be accepted from Saturday, April 1 to Thursday, August 31, 2023.
- Article 6. Exhibition Fees
- Exhibition fees shall be paid in Japanese currency.
- Article 7. Payment of Exhibition Fees
- 1. The exhibitor shall complete payment of the exhibition fee in the manner set forth in the invoice by the date specified in the invoice. In the event payment has not been confirmed by the specified date, the organizer may cancel the exhibition agreement.
- 2. The exhibitor shall pay the exhibition fee and other payments to:
Mizuho Bank Kamiyacho Branch, Savings 1079133
Account holder: The Japan Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Industry Association
- Article 8. Determination of the Location of Booth Partitions
- 1. The location of booth partitions shall be determined by the organizer, based on the number of booth partitions, past exhibitions, exhibition size and products to be exhibited and the exhibitor shall not object to said decision.
- 2. The organizer may rearrange booth partitions even after the announcement of the location of booth partitions in order to improve the effectiveness of the exhibition, etc. In the event of such, the exhibitor may not claim compensation from the organizer for any changes in the location of booth partitions or any expenses incurred as a result.
- Article 9. Joint Exhibition
- In the event two or more companies exhibit jointly, a single representative company shall communicate the names of the exhibiting companies and other relevant matters upon application.
- Article 10. Prohibition on Subleasing Booth Partitions
- The exhibitor may not resell, buy, sell, exchange or transfer its own booth partitions without the consent of the organizer.
- Article 11. Withdrawal from Exhibition by the Exhibitor
- 1. In principle, the exhibitor shall not be permitted to withdraw all or part of its exhibition. However, if a written request stating the reason for the cancellation is sent to the organizer and the organizer acknowledges that it is due to force majeure and approves the cancellation, the exhibitor may withdraw from the exhibition by paying the following cancellation fee. This also applies if the interior decoration of the booth partitions is not completed by 16:00 on Monday, January 29, 2024.
- 2. In the event an exhibitor withdraws from the exhibition, the cancellation fee shall be calculated based on the date and time the organizer confirms receipt of written request for withdrawal. The date shall serve as a cancellation date.
- 3. The exhibitor shall pay the following cancellation fee to the organizer in accordance with the cancellation date.
(1) For cancellations made by October 31, 2023 (Tue) from the application date: 50% of the exhibition fee
(2) For cancellations made after November 1, 2023 (Wed): 100% of the exhibition fee
- Article 12. Cancellation of Exhibition by the Organizer
- 1. In the event the organizer considers an exhibitor unsuitable for HVAC&R JAPAN (with respect to any aspect, including people, objects, acts, printed material and any quality the organizer considers problematic), even after the exhibition confirmation email has been sent out, the organizer may request the exhibitor to withdraw from the exhibition, subject to the refund of the exhibition fee already paid.
- 2. The organizer shall reserve the right to cancel the exhibitors right to exhibit in the event the exhibition fee is not paid by the specified date.
- Article 13. Cancellation and Suspension of the Exhibition
- 1. In the event the organizer determines that it is impossible or difficult to hold or continue HVAC&R JAPAN (or any part thereof) due to force majeure, or otherwise if the organizer determines that said event needs to be cancelled or suspended, the organizer may cancel or suspend the event. The exhibitor can not, in any event, claim damages as a result of said decision from the organizer.
- 2. Force majeure events in the preceding paragraph include natural disasters such as typhoons, floods, wind damage and earthquakes, as well as epidemics, fires and other accidents, and legal regulatory decisions by the national and local governments.
- 3. In the event the entire schedule is canceled or suspended due to force majeure or other reasons, the organizer will refund the exhibitor any remaining exhibition fees after deducting expenses already incurred.
Chapter III. Obligations for Compensation, etc.
- Article 14. Management of Exhibited Articles and Disclaimer
- While the organizer takes the utmost care to prevent accidents in the management of and storage within the exhibition venue, the organizer shall not be liable for any loss or damage to exhibited articles regardless of the cause.
- Article 15. Guarantees
- The exhibitor shall assure the organizer that the exhibited articles in the exhibition event and the printed matters and other media for those exhibited articles related to it do not infringe the trademark, design, patent, utility model or other intellectual property rights of a third party.
- Article 16. Obligations of the Exhibitor
- 1. If it is alleged that any act relating to the exhibitor's exhibition infringes the trademark, design, patent, utility model or any other intellectual property rights of a third party, the exhibitor shall be responsible for promptly settling the dispute with the third party, assume the obligation not to impede the normal and smooth progress of the exhibition event and hold the organizer free from liability. In the event that any damage is caused to the organizer, the exhibitor shall compensate the organizer for any said damage.
- 2. In the case of a group exhibition, the person in charge shall have the same obligation as in the preceding paragraph with respect to any claim of infringement of intellectual property rights from a third party against an exhibitor who is a member of the group.
- Article 17. Compensation for Damages
- 1. The exhibitor shall be liable for any and all damages to the venue facilities or exhibition buildings, or to any person, arising out of any breach of this agreement by the exhibitor or an agent of the exhibitor.
- 2. The exhibitor shall agree to assume the obligation to compensate the organizer for any legal fees, liabilities (including attorney's fees), necessary expenses and damages arising from litigation resulting from claims if:
- (1) A lawsuit is filed against the organizer on the basis of a claim that the exhibitor's conduct in connection with the exhibition infringes the trademark, design, patent, utility model or other intellectual property rights of a third party (including cases where both the organizer and the exhibitor are named as defendants).
- (2) In the event of the lawsuit referred to in (1), the organizer becomes liable for damages in a judgment or in a judicial or non-judicial settlement (the organizer shall not be bound by the will of the exhibitor with respect to the settlement).
Chapter IV. Other
- Article 18. Issuance of Invitation Certificates
- The exhibitor may not request the organizer to issue documents such as invitation certificates necessary for the issuance of visas.
- Article 19. Governing Law
- This agreement shall be governed by the laws of Japan.
- Article 20. Court of Agreed Jurisdiction
- The court having jurisdiction over any dispute relating to this agreement shall be the Tokyo District Court.
- Article 21. Language of Use
- The language used in these Rules and documents prepared and disclosed by the organizer in connection therewith shall be Japanese.
- Article 22. Amendment to the Rules
- The organizer may amend part of these Rules if the organizer deems it necessary. The amended Rules will be announced in writing or by other means.
- Article 23. Compliance with Rules, etc.
- The exhibitor shall comply with these Rules and all other terms and conditions set forth by the organizer, as well as the rules set forth in the Exhibition Guide.
- Article 24. Doubt
- The organizer retains the final say in matters not specified in these Rules or in cases of doubt.
- Article 25. Application by Overseas Agencies
- Overseas agencies may apply only for booth partitions whose exhibitors have already been determined. Applications for booth partitions shall not be accepted if their exhibitors have not been determined. In addition, if payment has not been made by the due date indicated in the invoice issued by the organizer after the exhibition has been confirmed, the organizer may cancel the decision on said exhibition.